Protect Your Smile! Take Charge of Your Dental Health
Welcome to the Delta Dental of Missouri web site for University of Missouri (UM) members. Delta Dental appreciates the opportunity to provide the UM members and their dependents with dental benefits. In partnership with the University of Missouri dental plan, Delta Dental encourages you to visit your dentist twice each year for regular cleanings and checkups and to take care of your dental needs as they arise – to keep your teeth and your smile healthy.
Why is Dental Coverage So Valuable?
- Dental disease is one of our nation’s most neglected and most unnecessary health care problems.
- Oral diseases or conditions (cavities, gum diseases and tooth loss) are the most common diseases in the U.S.
- Americans without dental insurance are less likely to visit the dentist.
- Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss in adults.
- Dental-related illness annually results in:
- 20.5 million lost workdays
- 117,000 missed school hours (per 100,000 children)
Smile. . .We’ve Got You Covered
Know the P-P-O of Your Dental Benefits
Your health is a priority. While maintaining good oral health is a critical part of a healthy life, understanding how your dental benefits plan works can help you save money. If you follow these three simple tips, you will be on your way to getting the most value from your dental care benefits:
P - Participating Dentists: Delta Dental has the largest network of participating dentists in the country – nearly 2,500 dentists in Missouri participate in the Delta Dental Premier Network. About 50% of these dentists also participate in our Delta Dental PPO Network. Your benefits plan offers you the freedom to choose your dentist from either the Delta Dental PPO Network or Delta Dental Premier Network, but you will always receive the most savings and value for your benefits when you select a dentist from the Delta Dental PPO Network.
PLUS: Participating Delta Dental dentists always:
- Accept the established fees for payment for their services according to the network agreements
- Do not bill you for any differences between their charged fees and the payment they receive from Delta Dental
- Submit your claims to Delta Dental directly and accept benefits payment directly from Delta Dental, so you never have to file a claim
P - Pay Less With the PPO Option: It is important to understand the PPO network option, which offers you significant savings when you choose a dentist who participates in the Delta Dental PPO Network. By choosing a dentist in the Delta Dental PPO Network, you will reduce your out-of-pocket expenses because these dentists have agreed to accept a lower payment for the services they provide to you. For example, your responsibility for a major service is 50% of the charges — but, you will pay 50% of a lesser fee if you receive services from a Delta Dental PPO Network dentist.
O - Optimize the Value of Your Benefits: Selecting a dentist from the Delta Dental PPO Network not only reduces your out-of-pocket expenses, it also stretches the dollar value of the dental care you can receive as part of your annual maximum benefit. It will take longer to reach your plan limits when services are paid at a lower established fee.
Don’t Forget: Dental cleanings are covered at 100% two times during each benefit year with any Delta Dental participating dentist. Remember to brush your teeth twice a day and see your dentist regularly. Good oral health translates to a brighter smile, as well as better overall health.
You can find a directory of Delta Dental dentists at www.deltadentalmo.com Click on “Delta Dental PPO” to find a participating PPO Network dentist, or you may click on “Delta Dental Premier” if you do not find a participating PPO dentist. You may also call 314-656-3001 or 800-392-1167 for assistance.