Welcome to the Carpenters' Health and Welfare Trust Fund of St. Louis Delta Dental website! Delta Dental is pleased to provide this plan to the members of the Carpenters' Health and Welfare Trust Fund of St. Louis (Carpenters' Plan).
NOTICE OF CHANGES EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2014
Effective January 1, 2014, Carpenters' dental benefits have been improved for Carpenters' members and their covered family members. The benefit enhancements are the greatest when using Delta Dental PPO dentists.
The improvements include:
- Preventive care benefits are paid at 100% when a Delta Dental PPO℠ Network dentist is selected with no deductible.
- Preventive care benefits are paid at 75% of the allowable amount, after your deductible, when a Delta Dental Premier® Network dentist is used.
- Preventive care benefits are paid at 75% of the maximum allowable for out-of-network dentists, after your deductible. This means you will have additional out-of-pocket expenses that include your deductible, the 25% coinsurance and any amount the out-of-network dentist charges over the maximum allowable charge.
Features of the Carpenters' dental benefits that have remained unchanged:
- Using a Delta Dental PPO℠ Network dentist means the dentist agrees to discounts and the plan allows a higher payment based on the higher fee schedule.
- Using a Delta Dental Premier® or out-of-network dentist means you will have higher out of pocket costs and the plan's fee schedule payment is reduced.
- All basic major and orthodontic benefits are payable based on the dental fee schedules effective January 1, 2014.
In combination, these benefit enhancements result in minimal or no out-of-pocket expenses for preventive services when a Delta Dental PPO℠ Network dentist is used. You may have greater out-of-pocket expenses if you use a Delta Dental Premier® or out-of-network dentist.
More than 50% of the practicing dentists nationally participate in the Delta Dental PPO℠ Network. Currently over 60% of the participants in the Carpenters' Plan select a Delta Dental PPO℠ Network dentist for services, which helps reduce your out-of-pocket expenses.
Please be aware that your visit to a Delta Dental Premier® Network dentist or out-of-network dentist will result in a greater out-of-pocket expense for you. To find a Delta Dental PPO℠ provider in your area, select the Networks tab on this page to search for a Delta Dental PPO℠ provider.
Using Delta Dental will be hassle-free for you. If you have Carpenters' Plan dental coverage and need a Carpenters' ID card or help locating a provider, please contact Carpenters' Member Services at 314.644.4802, ext. 1000 or toll-free at 877.232.3863, ext. 1000 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.